Frequently Asked Questions

You can pay for a ticket two different ways:

  • You can PAY ONLINE - Just enter your citation number or driver's license number.
  • Visit the Fort Oglethorpe Courts Clerk Office @ 500 City Hall Drive - cash, money order, cashier's checks, and credit cards accepted.
    (Cash must be exact amount and card payments are subject to a processing fee.)

To inquire about how much your traffic citation is, you can either call (706) 866-2989 or you can CLICK HERE.

The Fort Oglethorpe Police Department does not operate a jail. The Catoosa County Detention Center is located at 5842 US-41 in Ringgold, Georgia 30736 and can be reached by calling (706) 935-2424.

You can obtain an accident report by visiting our police department or we can e-mail or fax it to you if you call us at 706-866-2512. We'll need the case number, name of the person involved, date of the accident, and any other information that may assist us in locating your report.

You can obtain an incident report by visiting our police department.


The police department will not release copies of reports that are part of an open and pending investigation. Other reports that will not be released include sex offenses, incomplete death investigation reports, cases involving the custody of an allegedly mentally ill person, or arrest reports that have been referred to the District Attorney's Office or the Juvenile Department.

Property that was obtained by the Fort Oglethorpe Police Department can only be released by appointment. Call 706-866-2512 to schedule an appointment.

Yes the Fort Oglethorpe Police Department will gladly check your home while you're away.

  • You may submit an online request by clicking here, or
  • You can make a request by calling us at (706) 866-2512.